WMG, Intellectual Property Paralegal, Legal 11/7/08
location New York, NY
division Warner Music Group
date posted 11/07/2008
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY PARALEGAL JOB DESCRIPTION:
A leading music and entertainment company is seeking an experienced paralegal to work on its global trademark and domain name matters, including the following:
o Advising on the availability, defensibility and commercial advisability of proposed trademarks and domain names.
o Conducting trademark searches and managing domestic and foreign trademark prosecution and maintenance.
o Fulfilling domain name requests from business units, including domain searches, transfers, registrations and acquisitions. Managing domain disputes and UDRP proceedings.
o Preparing consents and assignments, managing oppositions and cancellation proceedings and supervising outside counsel’s prosecution and defense of infringement proceedings.
o Reviewing advertising, packaging, promotional materials, and web site content for proper usage of intellectual property.
o Preparing and negotiating licenses for trademarks and domain names.
o Assisting with due diligence and intellectual property aspects of acquisitions, divestitures and reorganizations.
o Controlling costs related to the trademark and domain functions.
o Partnering with outside counsel regarding many of the functions listed above
o At least 8+ years experience with trademarks in a law firm or in-house setting. Experience handling domain name matters. In-house experience is a plus.
o Excellent organization and execution skills. Ability to keep track of multiple projects and deadlines.
o Effective verbal and written communication skills.
A team player that enjoys working with a wide variety of people and who can work both independently and in groups
You Should Also Check Out This Post:
- Featured Music Industry Internship: Marketing and Business Development Intern @ Listen Local First - Washington, D.C.
- Featured Music Industry Job Posting: Director of Sales and Promotions - Harris Theater for Music and Dance - Chicago, IL
- Featured Music Industry Job Posting: Tour Accounting Manager - New York, NY
- Featured Music Industry Job Posting: Director, Harbor Conservatory for the Performing Arts - New York, NY
- Featured Music Industry Internship Posting: Music Marketing Internship - New York, NY